Andrew is head of the Savills Urban Design team in Oxford. He is responsible for leading the team on major projects specialising in strategic housing / garden communities, regeneration projects, and business park redevelopment.
Andrew has dual qualifications in architecture and planning, and 25 years of experience advising on issues of strategic masterplanning, architecture, urban design, planning policy and development control. His particular experience includes integration of the latest research into delivery models, market requirements and viability. Andrew works with development consultancy, housing sales, research, and multi-disciplinary infrastructure and environmentla teams to deliver the best in social, economic and physical places.
Andrew provides expert consultancy services on a wide range of projects from contentious schemes from strategic housing and urban extensions; and complex mixed use regeneration proposals in town centres; to specialist conservation schemes and business regeneration. He also provides expert witness evidence where necessary at public inquiry and hearings.
- Proposals for 3,000 homes and a business innovation district for the South Oxford Science Village on the edge of Oxford
- Innovative housing and mixed-use developments on greenfield, brownfield urban and village locations for University Estates
- 'Complete Streets' for DCLG
- Regeneration proposals for various sites on behalf of HCA including Science Vale UK, across Oxfordshire and the Midlands
- Regeneration proposals at Blackbird Leys in south Oxford for Oxford City Council
- Strategic master-planning, infrastructure and detailed design, feasibility studies, development briefs, design and access statements, evidence at Inquiries and Public Examinations for commercial clients
- Strategic design charettes and masterplanning for the Homes England, District and County Councils, public and private sector clients.