Capita was appointed by CGMA to join the design team consisting of Foster and Partners (Masterplanning Architects) and Neil Tomlinson Architects (Market Architects) in the preparation of an Outline Planning Application for their land holdings within the Vauxhall Battersea Opportunity Area.
The project is the modernisation and consolidation of the Wholesale Market onto one site with the surplus land to be developed to fund the proposals.
The project proposals tie into adjacent proposals including a new linear park proposed to link Battersea Park to Lambeth Palace. Capita are members of the public realm group for the Opportunity Area.
The project consists of the following sites:
- Northern Site - Mixed Use mainly residential. The gateway to this section of the Linear Park
- Entrance Site - Residential development including the Market access and Gateway to the Linear Park and Battersea Power Station
- Garden Heart - Commercial heart of the Wholesale Market, Transient Market and Residential components
- Thessaly Road - Residential development
- College Site - Residential development