Aspiration and vision inform the masterplanning process. The purpose of a masterplan is to generate objectives, encapsulate ideas and visually represent them.
A masterplan allows us to shape the environment in which we live and work. It requires the fusion of social, environmental, political, economic and functional considerations. Sheppard Robson’s experience, expertise and philosophy of approach places the practice at the forefront in the provision of urban design and masterplanning services.
We seek out projects which enable us to actively engage in a process which involves imagination and rigorous critique; we have no formulaic response but look for a unique approach to each of these projects. We embrace our diversity and we will work with anybody who excites and interests us.
Sheppard Robson is a multi-sector design led practice with expertise across all architectural disciplines, building and land uses, typologies and scales. In dealing with complex masterplans we can draw upon cross-sector knowledge to ensure deliverability, precision and richness. We are approved consultants for a number of private and public institutions including the HCA.
From the intimate scale of terraced housing design in south London to a new airport city project in central Nigeria our hands-on and integrated approach includes current masterplanning projects such as:
- Camden Town Masterplan, London - Commissioned by Camden Town’s Business Improvement District (BID), the masterplan responds to a 20% reduction in footfall in Camden’s Central Business District in recent years with the aim of rejuvenating the area’s cultural and commercial offer.
- Eko Atlantic, Lagos - a major new masterplan for a new Central Business District (CBD) for the rapidly expanding Nigerian city on a reclaimed site the size of Manhattan,
- Water Aid – working with charity Water Aid, a series of masterplans to improve the water supply and sanitation in four of Africa’s most rapidly expanding cities - Lusaka (Zambia), Kinshasa (DR Congo), Lagos (Nigeria) and Maputo (Mozambique).
- Newhall - Creating 239 high-quality dwellings that will form part of the award-winning new community positioned to the east of central Harlow in Essex.
- South Dalmarnock - delivering a development masterplan for this area of Glasgow, transforming an area adjacent to the Commonwealth Games Athletes’ Village.