Jon Rowland Urban Design
Jon Rowland Urban Design specialises in providing urban design expertise to public and private sector clients. JRUD carries out masterplanning and urban design strategies, appraisal and feasibility studies, and public participation exercises. We work in close collaboration with like-minded architects, surveyors, planners, and other urban designers.
Recent projects include:
- Wolfson Economic Prize – part of the Garden Cities winning team
- Oxford Futures and PUSH – Strategic and Spatial Planning projects
- Design advice to Exeter City, Cherwell District and Oxford City
- Councils West Sumners, the completion of Sir Frederick Gibberd’s plan for
- Harlow Urban extensions – Cottam Hall in Preston, Sandymoor in
- Runcorn including SPD and codes
- Award winning regeneration projects in Stranraer and Telford.
We work from first principles to establish a vision or concept. Future proofing is central to our approach, in terms of new urban forms, new employment and lifestyles, resource efficiency, and typologies and tenures. We incorporate social futures in our designs for sustainable neighbourhoods. Publications include: ‘Urban Design Futures’ (Routledge), and ‘The Quality of Life in Cities – the 21st Century Suburb’ (ICE UDP) reflecting our innovative approach.