Cities are complex, social, economic and physical entities. Each place is unique and the way we design and plan urban space has a profound impact on people’s lives, society and the environment. Our Urbanism studios embraces these challenges, engaging with cities, communities and other stakeholders to inform decision making and shape and deliver the places we live in.
Our clients cover public and private sectors and represent regions, cities and towns around the world. Working alongside them we are able to assist at every stage of a project, from creation of an inspirational vision, preparation of a robust masterplan to development of detailed designs and their delivery.
We have Urbanism Studios in London and Manchester, with similar groups in the Netherlands, China, India and Abu-Dhabi. These bring together the expertise of urban designers, architects, landscape architects and urban planners. Urbanism is an integral part of BDP’s multi- disciplinary offer, creating positive urban change through our integrated approach to design.
Our work includes the preparation of;
- Planning and strategic development advice
- Regeneration strategies
- Masterplans for new residential communities with all supporting amenities
- Masterplans with a diversity of uses
- Design codes and design guidance
- Public realm strategies and design development
- Consultation strategies and events
With expertise in
- Urban Design and Masterplanning
- Town Planning
- Architecture including Heritage and Conservation
- Landscape Architecture
- Environmental Engineering
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Graphic Design