Nottingham Trent University
Designed by Nottingham Trent University in partnership with CABE our course offer has been designed for industry professionals. Our flexible teaching programme that is focused on nine full day sessions plus a weekend field trip (Friday to Monday) is delivered across an academic year, making it ideal for those working full time.
Attracting those working within or closely with the home building industry the course is ideal for those seeking to develop skills in urban design and a better understanding of Neighbourhood Planning and Built for LifeTM - the industry standard endorsed by government for well designed homes and neighbourhoods.
Two thirds of the Uk’s largest home builders are sponsoring employees to complete our course.
Our broad range of students from across the public and private sectors help to create a dynamic and enjoyable learning experience. Past and present students include graduate trainees, planning officers through to managerial and director level staff.
With the government’s National Planning Policy Framework and Planning Practice Guidance emphasising the importance of good design and community-led planning, three distinct but related modules offer the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through both individual and group based coursework projects: Urban Design, Neighbourhood Planning and Built for Life(TM).
Our Course Overview
- Focused on creating better places for people.
- Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits) with opportunities for further study to secure higher awards.
- Endorsed by the Urban Design Group as fulfilling part of the entry requirements for ‘Recognised Practitioner in Urban Design’ status.
- Led by leading practitioners and researchers specialising in residential led design.
- Supported by guest speakers.
- Flexible and part time – ideal for those working full time.
- The only UK course with a dedicated Built for LifeTM module – led by one of its authors.
- European Field Trip
What Our Students Say
100% of our students have been attracted to the flexible course delivery, which fits around full-time working commitments. 100% also rated their satisfaction with the course as being either ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’.